Board Search Virtual Event
Once you have purchased we will send you a link to confirm your session place.
Thursday, July 7 2022 (7:00 am to 8:30 am)
Everything you need to know about how to develop a board career!
Successful Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) do things differently. Specifically, they are clear about three things:
1. The organisations they are targeting,
2. Why they should be appointed to the boards of those organisations, and
3. How they will be appointed.
Attend the Board Search Breakfast and discover how to answer these questions for yourself and what you need to do to start or develop a successful board career today.
WHEN: Thursday, July 7 2022 (7:00 am to 8:30 am)
Board Appointments Change Everything
Studies have found that people who hold board appointments are more appointable, earn more, are unemployed less, and have better networks and connections. So, regardless of where you are in your career – starting out, considering retirement, wanting to future-proof your career, considering a career change, being an experienced executive or wanting some additional income – a board appointment must be part of your career plan and professional development.
However, gaining a board appointment through traditional routes is a highly competitive exercise with there always being many more candidates than there are vacancies. Anyone who has tried to gain a board appointment through a recruiter or by submitting a written board application (with the almost inevitable “thank you but no thank you” response) will attest to this fact.
The good news is that 50% of organisations with boards recruit new board members each year, which means there are thousands and thousands of opportunities available. So, whilst the process is undoubtedly competitive, thousands of people successfully gain new appointments each year and you can too.
However, most people go about finding and gaining a board appointment all wrong. They put their efforts in the wrong place and when that doesn’t work, they do the same again, get frustrated, or quit. If this sounds like you or you can’t find opportunities (or aren’t getting appointed) then it is likely you are doing one of three things wrong. There is a better way.
The Board Appointments Breakfast unpacks these elements. In particular, it focuses on the three ‘core pillars’ of a board appointment – the three things you must understand if you want a board appointment or develop a board career.
What to Expect
Every breakfast runs for approximately 90 minutes and is designed to revolutionise your approach to gaining a board appointment so that you can immediately begin to separate yourself from your competitors.
- What board opportunities exist and are right for you.
- What are the critical things that a Chair look for in a successful candidate – there are just five of them.
- The documents you need – how to write a compelling CV and application.
- Where to find opportunities – and create your own where you have no competitors.
- What are the four paths to a board appointment – and how 65% of people are appointed.
- How to separate yourself from your competitors and dare them not to appoint you and,
- How to get appointed within 12 months – if not far sooner – regardless of your level of experience and with no cold calling!
All attendees will also receive
√ a FULL REPLAY of the session
√ the Board Search Breakfast Resources Pack includes all the tips & advice required for a board appointment
√ the Board Search E-Book – written by David Schwarz